Monday 21 November 2016

Commonplace 228  George & A Very Happy Birthday.

George was born 159 years ago today - November 22. He is famed for his fondness for exuberant fun - not - so let's wish him Many Happy Returns of the Day in mostly humorous stylee!!!!!


It's my birthday, too.


Beyonce stars as Rhoda Nunn in the Broadway production of
Are All The Single Ladies Odd Women? The Musical.

Lentil birthday cake with added self-pity? Yummy! Dig in.
Steinbeck? Sartre? Beckett? Shaw? Yeats? Lessing? Me?
No Gissing?? Shucks... he loved winning prizes 😲😡😢😈.  
If that George Gissing thought of women as inferior, I guess he just associated with the wrong gals.
It's my birthday, too. I'm going to celebrate with some liver and fava beans,
washed down with a nice Chianti. And maybe a slice of lentil cake for pudding.



It's my birthday tomorrow.
Aldous Huxley died the same day as President Kennedy.
CS Lewis died that day, too. November 22nd 1963.
 
                      
Who said: My IQ is one of the highest — and you all know it! Please don’t feel so stupid or insecure; it’s not your fault. Was it president elect Forrest Trump or George Gissing??? 







No comments:

Post a Comment